PEP Housing is fortunate to have an exemplary award-winning Board of Directors with resident representation
- Leota Fisher, Board Member, Leading Age California Volunteer of the Year, 2007
- Leota Fisher, Board Member, Community Recognition Awards (Petaluma) Volunteer of the Year, 2010
- Mary Stompe, Executive Director, AHMA-NCNH 2010 Pioneer in Affordable Housing Award, 2010
- Rich Rodkin, Board President, Leading Age California Trustee of the Year, 2013
- Mary Stompe, Executive Director, North Bay Business Journal’s Women in Business Leaders, Innovators and Visionaries, 2013
- Mary Stompe, Executive Director, Leading Age (National) Outstanding Advocacy Award, 2014
- Sid Lipton, Board Member, Community Recognition Awards Service to Seniors, 2015
In recognition of outstanding service to PEP Housing, we honor the following retired Board members:
Richard (Rich) Rodkin
Richard Rodkin – Rich joined PEP Housing’s Board of Directors in 2005. He served as President in 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2017. He served as Vice President in 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, and 2019. During his tenure, Rich supported PEP Housing when he went with other PEP Housing employees to the California Supreme Court over a project in Oroville. He led our organization through the Tubbs Fire and helped get legislation passed to prohibit cities from charging PILOT fees when PEP was assessed a $550,000 fee in lieu of taxes. As a Sound Engineer, Rich’s background made him well suited to serve on PEP Housing’s Development Committee. He made thoughtful contributions to every new development and took great interest in actively participating in construction. Rich retired from the Board in 2020 after an incredible legacy. We are grateful for Rich’s outstanding achievements and steadfast leadership, making PEP Housing the organization it is today. River City Senior Apartments, a 54-unit project under construction in Petaluma, will name the Community Room, a stunning building with views of the Petaluma River, the “Richard Rodkin Community Room”. Thank you for your leadership, dedication, and talents, Rich.
Arthur (Art) Cooper
Art Cooper – Art joined PEP Housing’s Board of Directors in 2005. He served as President in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 and 2020. He served as Vice President in 2009, 2012, 2013, and 2017. Art served as Treasurer in 2010 and 2011. He was as an active member of the Board of Directors, leading us through wildfires in Northern California, a global Pandemic and much more. Art’s background with the Internal Revenue Service made him an excellent finance resource. As a steadfast supporter of the organization, Art has been incredibly generous in helping the organization grown and prosper. We are extremely grateful for Art’s leadership through the years. In 2022, Art retired from the Board after an incredible legacy. In honor of his service to PEP, we are naming the Community Room at 575 Vallejo Street the “Cooper Community Room”. Thank you for your leadership, dedication, and talents, Art.