PEP Housing is fortunate to have an exemplary award-winning Board of Directors with resident representation
- Leota Fisher, Board Member, Leading Age California Volunteer of the Year, 2007
- Leota Fisher, Board Member, Community Recognition Awards (Petaluma) Volunteer of the Year, 2010
- Mary Stompe, Executive Director, AHMA-NCNH 2010 Pioneer in Affordable Housing Award, 2010
- Rich Rodkin, Board President, Leading Age California Trustee of the Year 2013
- Mary Stompe, Executive Director, North Bay Business Journal’s Women in Business Leaders, Innovators and Visionaries 2013
- Mary Stompe, Executive Director, Leading Age (National) Outstanding Advocacy Award, 2014
- Sid Lipton, Board Member, Community Recognition Awards Service to Seniors, 2015
In recognition of outstanding service to PEP Housing, we honored the following Board members:
Richard Rodkin – Rich led the organization and served in leadership roles for ten years. Starting as VP in 2010, President 2011 – 2013, VP 2014 – 2016, President again in 2017, then VP again 2018 – 2019. During his tenure, Rich went with PEP to the California Supreme Court over a project in Oroville, led our organization through the Tubbs Fire, helped get legislation passed to prohibit Cities from charging PILOT fees after PEP was assessed a $550,000 fee in lieu of taxes and much more. As a Sound Engineer, Rich’s background made him well suited to serve on PEP Housing’s Housing Development Committee. He made thoughtful contributions to every new development and took a great interest in actively participating in construction. Rich retired from the Board in 2020 after an incredible legacy. We found it only fitting to recognize his outstanding achievements and steadfast leadership, making PEP Housing the organization it is today. River City Senior Apartments, a 54-unit project under construction in Petaluma, will name the Community room, a stunning building with views of the Petaluma River, The Richard Rodkin Community Room. Thank you, Rich, for your leadership, dedication and talents.
Art Cooper has been a Board member with PEP Housing for 16 years and 12 years as an Officer. He served as President of the Board in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 and 2020. He served as Vice President in 2017, 2013, 2012 and 2009. He served as Treasurer in 2010 and 2011. Art is still an active member of the Board of Directors. Art led us through more wildfires in Northern California and a global Pandemic and much more. Art’s background with the Internal Revenue Service has made him an excellent resource for all things finance. Art has been a steadfast supporter of the organization and has been incredibly generous with his time helping the organization grown and prosper. In honor of his service to PEP we will be naming the Community room at 575 Vallejo Street to the Cooper Community Room.