PEP Housing is a non-profit corporation dedicated to providing limited-income seniors access to affordable, quality housing with supportive services and advocacy.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with interest in employment opportunities.
Property Compliance Assistant
Primary Function: The Property Compliance Assistant is responsible for managing and processing the waiting lists, updating pre-application and application process for residents, assisting Compliance Manager with compliance reviews and provide guidance to property managers as needed.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare periodic census reports for review by manager.
- Manage and maintain the waiting lists, accept and process applications and perform background verifications of all prospective residents and live-in attendants.
- Coordinate managers meetings, to include scheduling the time and location of meetings.
- Provide backup assistance to receptionist in answering telephones and greeting visitors.
- Represent PEP Housing at annual senior resource fair and other community events.
- Follow procedures and abide by the ethics of the organization.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma required; Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) and Tax Credit Specialist (TCS) certifications preferred; if not certified, must be willing to go through the certification process; once certified, must maintain the certification through ongoing courses.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in affordable housing industry preferred.
- Familiarity with Fair Housing laws and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act.
- Ability to handle a large number of projects at once and shift priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong math skills necessary.
- Strong written communication skills required.
- Ability to handle difficult situations in a calm manner.
- Promote harmonious relationships with staff members and potential and current residents, being sensitive and respectful at all times.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is critical in this role.
- Demonstrated integrity at a professional level.
- Must have compassion for the elderly and disabled.
- Requires responsible and organized approach to record keeping.
- Must be able to multi-task and be flexible.
- Must supply own vehicle, have a valid CA driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Must comply with all applicable rules and regulations of PEP Housing.
About the Company
We are a well-established non-profit corporation dedicated to providing limited-income seniors access to affordable quality housing with supportive services and advocacy. We offer a great team environment, a reputation for excellence and excellent growth potential to help you reach your personal and career goals.
Our employees are as important as our residents, and we work to provide both with a great atmosphere and learning environment. We value our employees and we take pride in recognizing their outstanding talents and efforts. We are committed to the delivery of superior quality of services based on a foundation of honesty, integrity and ethical treatment.
We offer a total rewards package, to include: competitive compensation; health and welfare plans (medical, dental, vision, LTD, etc.); retirement savings plan; work-life benefits (paid vacation and holidays); career development opportunities through mentorships and continuing education programs and a great working environment with professional growth prospects.
Qualified candidates can apply by emailing resumes to Sharonr@pephousing.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.